BOSTON, MA – The Boston Red Sox today announced two additional elements of the Red Sox Holiday Fest week of activities:
- The Red Sox Holiday Road Trip Presented by Coca-Cola will run from Tuesday, November 27 to Thursday, November 29.
- The Fenway Park Holiday Bash for all fans will take place on Friday, November 30. The Holiday Bash will include the debut of the “Fenway Park Winter Light Show,” an LED musical light-show performance on the Green Monster.
These activities will lead into the 10th annual Christmas at Fenway Presented by Stop & Shop on Saturday, December 1, as the popular Sox Pax and select tickets for many 2013 home games go on sale to the general public. The online registration process for the chance to attend Christmas at Fenway began last Thursday at noon on redsox.com and ends next Monday, November 26 at noon.
Red Sox personalities including John Farrell, Andrew Bailey, Craig Breslow, Chris Carpenter, Pedro Ciriaco, Ryan Kalish, Ryan Lavarnway, Mark Melancon, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia are scheduled to participate at various times during the holiday celebration.
Tuesday November 27 to Thursday November 29
Red Sox Holiday Road Trip Presented by Coca-Cola
The week-long Red Sox Holiday Fest begins with a three-day, six-state Red Sox Holiday Road Trip Presented by Coca-Cola. Red Sox players and staff will travel in two groups, making planned community visits in the morning hours as part of the “100 Acts of Kindness” initiative, before spontaneous drop-ins each afternoon.
In addition to recognizing various community groups, the Road Trip will also visit office buildings, stores, restaurants, and other locations. Citizens of Red Sox Nation can request visits by the Road Trip via Twitter or Facebook. The Road Trip will make stops based in part on tweets sent to @redsox that include the hashtags #SoxRoadTrip1 (for the Maine/New Hampshire/Rhode Island group) or #SoxRoadTrip2 (for the Vermont/Connecticut/Massachusetts group), as well as comments left on Road Trip posts on facebook.com/redsox. To follow the Road Trip’s path and for more details on the schedule, please visit redsox.com/holidays.
Friday November 30
Fenway Park Holiday Bash
The Road Trip concludes on Friday morning with community visits in Boston, including a trip to the Jimmy Fund. Later that night, Red Sox favorites of past and present will take part in the Fenway Park Holiday Bash at Fenway Park from 5-8 p.m. The event is open to the public, although the club encourages fans to RSVP by visiting the Holiday Bash page on redsox.com/holidays and indicating if they plan to attend.
The Fenway Park Holiday Bash will transform America’s Most Beloved Ballpark into a winter wonderland for families and fans of all ages. The Holiday Bash will be highlighted by the debut of an LED musical "Fenway Park Winter Light Show" on the Green Monster, with showings at 5:45 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 7:45 p.m. on November 30. This "Festival of Lights" will then become a staple of Fenway Park's winter tour program for patrons on special 4 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6 p.m. tours through February 28, 2013.
Fans visiting the Fenway Park Holiday Bash on November 30 will have access to:
- Player and alumni meet and greets
- A Fenway Winter Village set up in the Big Concourse
- Winter ballpark fare with special concession prices
- Unique holiday photo opportunities
- Access to certain exclusive areas of the ballpark, including the home clubhouse and the warning track (weather-permitting)
- First access to the “5th Annual Great Fenway Park Yard Sale Presented by F.W. Webb,” which will also be open to guests at Christmas at Fenway on December 1