BOSTON, MA - The Red Sox Foundation announced auction items for the 2014 Picnic in the Park fundraiser, presented by Ace Ticket, taking place on Sunday, August 24, at Fenway Park. The auction items include the opportunity to meet David Ortiz, fielding lessons with Jackie Bradley, Jr., batting lessons with Mike Napoli, and base running with Brock Holt.
Fans attending the event will enjoy a BBQ picnic on the field at Fenway Park with picnic bags courtesy of Home Goods, a chance to get autographs from current Red Sox players, and the opportunity to bid on unique items and experiences during the live auction. For those unable to attend the fundraiser in person, a bid by proxy is possible.
Actor, producer, and writer Mike O'Malley will host the event, and singer/songwriter Andy Grammer will be on hand to perform.
Auction items for this year's Picnic in the Park include:
- A voicemail message for your phone recorded by Dustin Pedroia
- Fielding lesson with Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- The opportunity to shadow NESN's Red Sox reporter Gary Striewski during a Red Sox home game
- Batting lessons with Red Sox first basemen Mike Napoli
- A meet-and-greet with David Ortiz that includes Green Monster seats
- Walk-on role in the hit TV show GLEE
- Batting practice and base running lessons with Brock Holt
- A trip to Las Vegas including roundtrip airfare on JetBlue Airways, three nights in a luxury suite at the Venetian or Palazzo Hotel, and tickets to the Rock of Ages show
Picnic in the Park will be held one hour after the conclusion of the 1:35 p.m. Red Sox-Mariners game on Sunday, August 24. Tickets are available at redsox.com/picnic. Information on auction items and details on how to make a bid by proxy are available at redsox.com/picnicauctions.
The annual charitable fundraiser is hosted by the Red Sox players and their wives and benefits two of the Red Sox Foundation's charitable programs - the Red Sox Scholars program and the Red Sox RBI and youth baseball program. Aramark, the Red Sox concessionaire, donates all the food for Picnic in the Park, and HP Hood, the official ice cream provider of the Boston Red Sox, donates the ice cream.