Red Sox Kid Nation FAQs
Q: What is Kid Nation?
A: Kid Nation offers our youngest fans the opportunity to experience baseball and Fenway Park in a different way. Kid Nation members who come to Fenway Park are rewarded with exclusive prizes and benefits. There are two different tiers for Kid Nation, a Rookie (free) and All-Star (paid) membership. Each offers different benefits for its members, such as prizes, events, and special discounts.
Q: How do I sign up for Kid Nation?
A : You can sign up by visiting www.redsox.com/kidnation and clicking on the registration button. This will prompt you for your MLB.com login information or to create a new account. Follow the instructions to your official membership!
You can also sign up at Fenway Park on game days by visiting the Kid Nation booth located at Gate B an hour and half before first pitch through the 6th inning.
Q: Where is Kid Nation located in Fenway?
A : We have a booth set up at Gate B in the Kids Concourse which opens an hour and a half before first pitch. Look for the Kid Nation signs and employees in red polos. Please check in before the 4th inning as the booth closes down towards the end of the game.
Q: What is the difference between the 'Free' and 'All-Star' Kid Nation memberships?
A: The free Kid Nation membership is a streamlined service that includes a passport, lanyard, subscription to the Kid Nation newsletter, discounts at the Red Sox Team Store and the ability to earn prizes/passport stamps for the first three (3) Red Sox games attended throughout the 2017 season. The paid All-Star package offers more benefits for members. This package includes: a backpack, lunchbox, baseball cap, earbuds, as well as the passport and lanyard. Paid memberships include the opportunity to earn all nine (9) passport stamps and prizes, as well as additional features including early entry to batting practice, special ticket offers, discounts at the Red Sox Team Store, and access to Kid Nation special events.
Q: How does the passport program work?
A : Our passport program is a great feature included in the Kid Nation membership. You can earn one (1) stamp and collect a reward at every game attended, up to a total of nine (9) games. Children must be present to earn their stamp and reward. The more stamps you earn, the more rewards you unlock. Your stamps are cumulative over the course of the season and non-transferable. Terms, conditions, and rules apply; see our Official Rules for more information. Please note that the free membership will max out at 3 prizes. Memberships must be upgraded to the All-Star tier to receive all stamps and prizes. Make sure to bring your passport with you to all games and get it stamped at our Kid Nation booth during Red Sox games this season.
The 2017 reward lineup:
- Stamp 1: Kid Nation Magnet
- Stamp 2: Pinhole Sunglasses
- Stamp 3: David Ortiz Legacy Fathead
- Stamp 4*: FanClapper
- Stamp 5*: Dog Tags
- Stamp 6*: Rally Towel
- Stamp 7*: Autograph Baseball
- Stamp 8*: Exclusive Kid Nation Experience
- Stamp 9*: On-field BP (Watch batting practice from the infield warning track)
*All-Star membership only
Q: Can I upgrade a free Rookie membership to the All-Star membership during the season?
A: Absolutely. Members can upgrade to the All-Star tier to continue earning stamps and to unlock all benefits and features of our premium membership. All stamps earned prior to upgrading will be carried over so you can immediately start where you left off.
Q: Is there an age limit for Kid Nation?
A : The program is geared towards pre-K through 8th grade. While there is no strict age limit in place, we believe that the program fits children 14 and under best. For membership options more tailored for adults, please check out our Red Sox Nation Fan Club, also located at the Kid Nation booth inside Fenway Park, or online at www.redsoxnation.com .
Q: How do I get into the park early to watch batting practice?
A : This benefit is awarded to All-Star Kid Nation and Red Sox Nation members only.
Members with valid game tickets may enter the ballpark 2.5 hours prior to first pitch through Gate C on Lansdowne Street and watch batting practice from atop the Green Monster. A 2017 Red Sox Nation and/or All-Star Kid Nation membership permits the member and a guest to watch batting practice. Members will be directed to view batting practice from the bleachers should capacity on the Monster be reached. Members will not have access to the entire ballpark until gates are officially open to the general public. At that time you will be asked to exit the Green Monster seating so it can be made available for those who have tickets to those seats. Red Sox and Kid Nation early entry times for the 2017 season are listed below:
- 8:05pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 5:35pm
- 7:10pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 4:40pm
- 6:10pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 3:40pm
- 4:05pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 1:35pm
- 3:05pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 12:35pm
- 1:35pm First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 11:05am
- 11:05am First pitch - Red Sox Nation gates open @ 8:30am
Please note that batting practice takes place at the sole discretion of team personnel and may be canceled without notice. If batting practice is canceled, members and guests may still enter the park early and visit the Green Monster, weather permitting.
Q: How long will it take for my Kid Nation package to arrive?
A : For free Kid Nation memberships, passports and lanyards can be picked up at the Kid Nation booth at Gate B. For a paid Kid Nation membership, your kit will take approximately 4-8 weeks to arrive at your listed address. Members will be notified by email once the order is received and once the package ships. Any inquiries regarding the shipment of a Kid Nation package should be directed to our fulfillment company by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 855-984-RSKN (855-984-7756).
Q: How do I order my free Kid Nation Tickets?
A : The first 25,000 Kid Nation signups for the Kid Nation membership (both free and paid) are eligible to receive one (1) free ticket per membership. Members received an email containing a link that allowed the user to claim their reward immediately following registration. Follow the login instructions to sign in (the unique ticket code is your password) and order your tickets. A confirmation email will be sent out following the placement of the order. If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our Ticket Services department by calling (toll free) 877-REDSOX9. Please remember that all sales are final - there are no refunds or exchanges issued on tickets. Also note that all game times are subject to change. Be sure to visit redsox.com for the latest Red Sox news and any game time updates.
Q: Where do I pick up my Kid Nation Tickets?
A : Kid Nation tickets will be available for pick-up at Gate K (next to Gate B) off of Van Ness St. beginning 90 minutes prior to the start of the game. Please note that parents/guardians will be required to have a photo ID present.
Q: I received an item that is damaged or is the incorrect size. Can this be exchanged for a new one?
A : We can certainly ship out replacements for you. Please contact our partners at CMS Associates via email at email@example.com or by phone at 855-984-RSKN with any concerns regarding incorrect or damaged merchandise.
Q: Do I receive discounts at any stores and restaurants with my Kid Nation membership?
A : As a current member of Kid Nation, your official 2017 Kid Nation passport (or temporary confirmation email) gets you a 10% discount at the Yawkey Way Team Store on 19 Yawkey Way as well as the Right Field and Home Plate Team Stores located inside the park. Simply present your passport to the cashier upon checking out and they will apply the discount. Please keep in mind that there are a few item exclusions where the discount cannot be applied (e.g. clearance items, autographed and/or game-used memorabilia, commemorative items, championship merchandise, etc).
Q: I recently changed my address. How can I update my mailing information?
A : You can update your address by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your new information and it will be corrected in our database.
Q: What does the on-field batting practice passport prize get us?
A : After receiving the eighth passport stamp, Kid Nation members earn the opportunity to watch batting practice from the infield warning track for a future game date. Upon receiving the stamp, members will receive a voucher to be redeemed for a game of their choice to attend on-field batting practice with two (2) guests. Members who wish to redeem their voucher should report to Gate C with a valid gameday ticket two and a half (2.5) hours prior to first pitch. Present the voucher to a Red Sox Nation staff member to receive a color coded on-field wristband and be escorted down to the field. Please note that batting practice is never guaranteed and is subject to change at the team's discretion without notice. If batting practice is cancelled, for any reason, your voucher will not be taken and you will be free to use it at a later date. Batting practice for games with early start times (1:00/1:30PM) are typically held indoors so please plan accordingly.
Q: Do my stamps and rewards rollover from year to year?
A : Rewards are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. Members earn a reward for every stamp obtained during the 2017 season. The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the club. Rewards are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption. Points earned during 2015 are only good for Kid Nation Rewards listed for the 2015 season. Points earned expire at the end of each season; each member starts with zero points at the beginning of a new season. Rewards are available while supplies last.
Q: How do I renew my membership?
A : Visit us at redsox.com/kidnation and log in to your MLB.com account. As a renewing member you are entitled to a discounted price for a limited time, which can be accessed via redemption code. This code can be found in the Kid Nation newsletters which will be emailed to you. After selecting renew, you will be prompted to review your information and enter your membership discount code. The code entitles you to a $5 discount off your Kid Nation membership renewal.
Q: What are Wally Bucks?
A : Wally Bucks can be obtained by visiting the Kid Nation booth at Gate B. Printed on each Wally Buck is a discount code that will allow a $5 discount per member (limit 1 per household) on Kid Nation signups. There is no benefit to acquiring more than one Wally Buck. Wally Bucks will not be immediately available at the start of the season. Exact timetables for their release will be at the discretion of Kid Nation staff.
Q: My child is watching the game and didn't want to leave his/her seats. Can I get his/her passport stamped anyway?
A : We require the child whose name is on each passport to be present along with a parent or guardian in order to receive their stamps and prizes.
Kid Nation Official Rules
- Kids 15 and younger are eligible for Red Sox Kid Nation membership. A parent or guardian must be present when child(ren) sign up and must be present for their child to collect stamps or redeem rewards.
- Members must visit a Kid Nation booth prior to the 4th inning of a Red Sox home game to receive a stamp. Stamps for previous games cannot be rewarded retroactively.
- Children must be current members to be eligible for Kid Nation Rewards. An annual renewal is required to receive benefits.
- Rewards are cumulative over the course of a single Red Sox season. Members earn a reward for every stamp obtained during the 2017 season. The Red Sox reserve the right to substitute rewards at the sole discretion of the club. Rewards are non-transferable, subject to availability, and are subject to verification of the member's identity for redemption. Points earned during 2017 are only good for Kid Nation Rewards listed for the 2017 season. Points earned expire at the end of each season; each member starts with zero points at the beginning of a new season. Rewards are available while supplies last.
- All experience benefits will be scheduled for a mutually agreed upon date/time and are subject to availability and additional terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, visit the Kid Nation booth, email us email@example.com, or call (617)-226-6756 with questions.
- Kid Nation passports are not transferable. Kids or parents/guardians may be asked to present identification when signing up, receiving their stamp, or redeeming rewards. Each member must present his or her passport.
- The Red Sox reserve the right to revoke and/or deactivate membership for any member at the sole discretion of the club.
- Membership is limited to one per child.
- Photos/images associated with the Kid Nation Passport Rewards Program may be used at the discretion of the club.
- Limit three (3) stamps and rewards per season for 2017 Rookie Kid Nation members, nine (9) stamps and rewards per season for 2017 All-Star Kid Nation members.